Problem Statement: When to use OIM-LDAP Synchronization? When to use OIM AD/LDAP Connector?
- When to recommend LDAP Sync in OIM:
- For all the AD groups management (JML operations) from OIM.
- If the user base in OIM & AD is same, then LDAP Sync can be opted.
- If OIM-OAM integration is planned in future, then in advance LDAPSync can be opted.
- When to go for AD or LDAP Connector:
- If a subset of OIM users have to be provisioned to AD automatically, then AD connector is recommended.
- If AD or LDAP need to be shown as an account for the users , then AD connector is recommended.
- For OIM – OAM integration, LDAPSync is a must, otherwise it is not mandatory. All most all use cases can be handled using LDAP Connector or AD Connector.